Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dating

I have a certain policy with dating. It's strict and it is necessary for me to have guidelines with it so that all the bullshit that comes along with it can be avoided. I have a literal personality and honesty is a huge thing for me. I can not stand when my parents start talking to me about meeting people by dating, like I can't possibly have a relationship unless I start with it.

I will never date a stranger. Any relationship I pursue starts as acquaintances, and months of a friendship. This is because me being pansexual, I need to know the person before having any attraction to them. If I get feelings for them, I wait around 6 months and will tell them upfront. Then from there, whether the person gives me a chance or not we just start a casual relationship. If it starts getting serious, and I start to love the person, then I will date the person. But only after I start a relationship with someone in the first place.

This can help avoid a few things. One being that dating strangers seems to make people want to impress each other. This is usually done by over exaggerating or lying your way through all the embarrassing truths. The other being the awkward small talk and abundant avoidance of personal talk when you have no idea who they are. It just makes the process of liking some one longer than it needs to be.

People tend to disagree with me saying dating is all about fun. But I don't do fun. I am an all or nothing person and don't want to be silly. I have other things to do and don't need to be messing around with my heart too. Throwing love around for the fun of it sounds so crazy to me. I could never risk it.

And after I have tried and explained why I don't date, what question do I get asked about next? Sex.
And that, well, is an entirely other topic of its own really.

No comments:

Post a Comment