Thursday, April 12, 2012

Perfectionist Problems

So today in art I am, once again, behind. While everyone has started theirs, I still have a drawing and no color. I asked for some help and was practicing some painting with the teacher so I wouldn't mess up my sketch. My sketch of this photograph is like..PERFECT, right?

And right as I get the hang of painting with water colors down(which is a bitch to do), I wash the paint off the table and am careful to not get anything on my sketched paper. I slowly mix just the right amount of color, check the time to see if I can finish it. Timing is perfect! So I literally pick up the brush to begin..and this girl beside me knocks my water color dish a little bit.

Blue paint went all over my god damn sketch. After I spent so much careful time trying to not mess the thing up. I was a little upset, and just put my paint away because I was paranoid. And decide to sketch another one that isn't as good.

Now what really made me angry was not that she did it. I understand it was an accident. It was the fact that she just sat their staring at me and said nothing. NOTHING! Not even a fucking apology.

And the entire time as I'm re-sketching this drawing and not saying what I want to say to her face, she completely forgets the incident and just continues talking about some date with her boyfriend.

If I had been an uncontrollable person I would have punched her right then and there. But instead I re-drew it and simply decided my ruined one can be practice for my painting that's getting graded on. Turning a bad situation into something that won't make me want to give up completely.

Why am I so frustrated? Well, I am an extreme perfectionist. If I like something it is probably in its most perfect state. And if that thing gets ruined..well it is trash to me. Absolute trash.

And so, my day has been officially..
FUCKED.

Thanks, rude bitch who can't even apologize.

2 comments:

  1. I read this writing of yours and admire how you refrained from wanting to beat the shit out of that girl! You are a strong one...I do not think that I would have been so nice, and "turned the other cheek". It is ok to say how you feel as long as you do not get out of control with expressing that she over stepped her boundaries and was completely inconsiderate...no apology???...that is just down right rude. I hope your sketch turned out all right...who knows, maybe the painting that you created after all that other shit, was really the one that needed to be created at the time, and the first one, that you so carefully were readying to create, was going to be the worst ever, you know? Never know. Just a thought. Have to admit I giggled a lil at your experience because I truly understand being that pisst....been there done that... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I had a hard time trying not to say anything. Some things are better forgotten

      Delete