Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Was Sung a Song

I got a call from a few hours ago from my lovely aunt, whom is recovering from injuries at a nursing center right now. I haven't seen her in a few weeks and was surprised she called.

I also know when she calls its because she wants to talk for a long time and is usually about some doctor or medicine I know nothing about. So I answered it begrudgingly only to have instantly become her voice through the phone. She was singing me a song. A song that me and her used to sing when I was a child and she wasn't sick and makes me laugh and smile cause it's so amazing to hear it.

                                            "I just called to say I love you
                                             I just called to say how much I care
                                             I just called to say I love you
                                             And I mean it from the bottom of my heart"

She ended this with a laugh and said she had drunk coffee, not remembering there was caffiene in it and she was hyper.

Now a lot of times she is completely crazy and I feel like I'm just being used. But then there are moments like these. Where at random times fo the night she'll call me just to sing me a song and tell me how much she loves me.

And then I forget that we ever shared such terrible pasts together, and I'm brought back to the days that it was me and her. And she was teaching me how to shave my legs and cook eggs. The days she let me sit in the shower for 4 hours with my crayola shampoo and paint all over the shower walls and waste water. These are what make me think that one day everything will be okay.

Because no matter what I know that woman loves me. A real love that no one else can give. Because she would give her life without hesitation to make sure I was happy. And that is really what makes everything she's done up until now completely meaningless.

And as something cliche can relate..love really does turn this blind eye, and heal all wounds. Even if those wounds are so deep they can never fully heal right

No comments:

Post a Comment