Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rape Is Not Funny

So I came across this silly and very rude question today. Not many questions people ask offend me, but lets be honest, there are a lot of idiots in the world. A couple questions that come from mindless idiots are bound to rustle your feathers some day.

And today I got mine. The question this lady asked was,

"If you had to pick your rapist, who would you pick?"

Now, a few questions popped in my head. First, what in the hell was this person thinking? You don't ask who people would want to be raped by. That is very inconsiderate on a lot of levels. And this is coming from my biastophiliac mouth no less. No one chooses to be raped, nor is it something you treat as a light experience. It is traumatic and not to be used for any purpose to be silly whatsoever.

Another question that came to mind was that if you CHOOSE your rapist, then it would no longer be rape. Because you would be most likely choosing some one you find attractive. Therefore at that point it would be consentual role play. Which is completely healthy in any sexual relationships if its done right and they use a safe word correctly.

So I said this to the asker, and they basically told me that it would still be rape even if we chose and I was wrong. So this person is even bullying all the people who don't give the answers they like. Maybe they're trying to be a little out of the box, but this is way beyond even my moral hating mind.

I can talk about a lot of things. Some of it may seem cruel, and some of it may seem down right illegal. But I would never use any harmful event lke rape and turn it into a fun question.

Rape is a traumatic experience PERIOD. And there is no excuses for that kind of behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment